In Trusting in Christ, the second study in the Jesus Calling Bible Study Series, you will examine what the Bible has to say about relying on God for all your needs. As you push back the demands of the day, give your cares to Him, and encounter Him personally through His Word, you will discover the truth of Paul’s words when he wrote, “My God will meet all of your needs according the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). You will see that God loves you, cares for you, and provides the strength you need to get through any situation.
More About the Jesus Calling Bible Study Series:
This study can be used for personal reflection and Bible study or in a small-group setting. Each book in the Jesus Calling Study Series features 8-sessions of study that helps you focus on the core themes found throughout the Jesus Calling devotional and includes:
• Selected devotional readings from Jesus Calling®
• Related passages of Scripture for reflection
• Bible study questions and answer space
• Additional questions to help you apply the material
• Special notes and instructions for small group leaders
The Flow of Each Session:
Each of the 8 sessions of this study guide contains the following elements:
• CONSIDER IT. The one or two questions in this opening section serve as an icebreaker to help you start to think about the theme of the session. If you’ve had a busy day and your mind is full of distractions,this section will help you better focus.
• EXPERIENCE IT. Here you will find two readings from Jesus Calling along with some questions for reflection. This is your chance to dive deeper into the biblical principles found within the Jesus Calling devotions. This section will help you apply these biblical principles to your everyday habits.
• STUDY IT. Next you’ll explore one or two Scripture passages connected to the session topic and the readings from Jesus Calling. You will not only analyze these passages but also pray through them in ways designed to engage your heart as well as your head.
• LIVE IT. Finally, you will find five days’ worth of suggested Scripture passages that you can pray through on your own during the week. Suggested questions for additional study and reflection are provided.